Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Roommates Favorites: Part 1


Hello There Pretty Readers! 


Today I am posting part 1 of a mini series called "My Roommates Favorites" so that you can see the favorites of other people with different skin types and such. 

So here are my lovely roommates 
From left to right: Lauren, Megan, Liz, Me



Let me introduce you to Lauren, my roommate since sophomore year. She's just as goofy and weird as I am - which is probably why it was friendship at first sight! She has become a beauty/skincare lover via me and trying all my products and tricks! Lauren has fair, usually 
blemish-free, combination skin that is more dry in the winter and just oily in the T-zones. 



Lauren's Favorites 


1. Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation in N1-2


Why she loves it: "I used to just wear a light loose powder as my foundation but after I tried Jess' foundation I loved the light glow it added to my skin. My skin is usually pretty clear so I don't need much coverage but with one light layer of this foundation my skin looks glowing and healthy."


2. Boots No. 7 Eye Shadow Palette in Good Earth 


Top Swatch is the bottom color and Bottom swatch is the the top color in palette

Why She loves it: "This palette is great because the colors can used used for day or night. The colors are silky smooth and have great color pay off. Not to mention the amazing price of $6.00!"3. Benefit They're Real Mascara

Why she loves it: "I got this mascara sample from Sephora and have loved it every since! I do have long eye lashes but it ads nice volume to them and holds curl great."


4. Fasio Ultra Curl Lock Mascara 


Why she loves it: "This mascara is seriously like glue, i've never had a mascara stay on as nicely as this  - it really doesn't budge all day and all night. I also loves this mascara because it locks in the curl."

**The only bad thing is that I got this in Japan for Lauren for her Birthday but I think i've found it here on ebay.


5. Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa Butter Lip Balm



Why she love it: "This lip balm is the best, hands down! I put this on at night before I go to bed and my lips feel so soft in the morning. This one does move around a bit more than the original but it's because it's a little more creamier."

The End :) 

Hope you Enjoyed seeing Lauren's favorites. Let me know if you like this idea. Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

Oh and here is my outfit from Friday night I thought I would share, I just love the fun ruffles on the shirt. 



Top: Target Neiman Marcus Collaboration 
Pants: Express 
Shoes: Steve Madden 

Thanks for reading! Hope you are having a wonderful day! : ) 

Let me know if you have any request for post, or products you want me to try and review.
Should I start doing videos? 

Jess xx 



10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Jess! It's definitely a good insight into a greater range of skin types and colourings.
    Great outfit too! I could do with a tan at the moment ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it - I thought it might be helpful ! Oh definitely me too as far as the tan goes!

      Delete
  2. I also like to know what others are using and why they like it. I love the boots good earth eyeshadows too! Super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! I love me some ankle pants!

      Delete
  3. Great post, what an original idea!

    Jo x amomentwithjo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! thanks for commenting! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Brilliant idea! Lovely post!

    Caitlin x
    lifes-glitters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading and commenting! Glad that you liked reading it

      Delete
  5. You look so beautiful! : ) Great stuff! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'm not following - love your style !

      Delete